London is a home to some of the leading product design firms in the world. The city has been at the forefront of industrial design for more than a century and looks to remain so for the next century also. The range of design services offered by firms in the city is varied – there are specialised firms that only work for certain industries and there are those that offer the entire range of design services for all segments. Selecting the right design firm in the city isn’t easy. In fact, if you are looking for the best product designers in London, you will have to sort and filter quite a few firms before you get to one that fits the bill.
Here a few ways to start to filter the wheat from the chaff:
- Must have a good portfolio: Check out the different types of products that the product designers have worked on in the recent past. Go through them and see if you are able to relate with the designs showcased. This will give you a clear idea if you want that particular firm to work for you.
- Scan the client list: Ensure that the product designer you are going to choose has a broad list of clients. This way you can gauge their experience and determine if their services would suit your organisation.
- Interact with the right person: If it is a big product design firm, try to establish a good relationship with the senior designers as you will be interacting with them to get the project started and during other crucial stages of development. Being comfortable working with the designers is essential to the productivity and efficiency required from the process.
- Costs and time factor: Evaluate, check and see if the designer has understood your aims and objectives. Check the prices quoted by the product designer and the total time asked to complete the project.
- Approach to work: Check if the product designer has a well-researched and analysis based approach towards finding innovative solutions for challenging projects.
- Aware of technologies: The product designer should be able to adapt to the changing and fast-evolving technologies and help you meet your customer’s expectations with a product that has optimum functionality and utility.
Over all you need to understand the product development process first before starting with the selection and after you have selected the firm, give them as detailed a brief as you can. These two aspects are crucial for you to get the right product. Good luck.