Product design involves the designing and creation of innovative products. The process consists of many stages for designing commercially viable products which would meet the requirements of the end customer. Product design also involves taking an existing product and reimagining it to develop an entirely new product. The product designers must know what their customers are exactly looking for and accordingly create, design, research and develop a new product.
There are many product design consultancies available which offer great services.
Here is a lowdown on some of the ways to look for the best product design consultancies:
- Design portfolio: Go through the consultancy’s design portfolio and see if the consultancy does the kind of work you are looking for your industry needs. Talk to the previous clients to get a better idea as to whether the consultancy is capable enough to take on the responsibility of product designing.
- Range of services offered: Product design is a complex affair and envisages different stages such as ideation, market research, form factor ideation, CAD modelling, 3D modelling, alpha testing, beta testing, prototype analysis, redesigning, etc. Select a firm that offers these design services to make sure that the product’s time to market is minimum.
- Cost and time taken: Check if the design consultancy is able to synchronise its targets with your aims and objectives. Check the prices quoted by the consultancy and the total time asked to complete the project.
- Attitude to work: The product design consultancy must be well prepared to create innovative solutions for challenging projects with a professional approach towards work.
- Suitability factor: The product design consultancy that you choose must have a broad list of clients and offer a comprehensive range of services. Try and see if their past experience and services suit your organisation needs and demands.
Patents: The number of patents a firm holds determines the firm’s abilities as a seasoned product designing consultancy. If a patent holder works on your product, you need not worry about the final outcome.